Nominations for Youth Sports Development Fund
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
INAUGURAL GOLD COAST YOUTH SPORTS DEVELOPMENT FUND
The Gold Coast Sporting Hall of Fame, in association with the Southport Sharks Australian Football Club, has created the Gold Coast Youth Sports Development Fund.
The objectives of this Fund are to recognise, inspire and assist gifted young sportspersons resident within the City of Gold Coast to reach their sport and life potential.
Assistance will normally be in the form of cash and/or in-kind product and equipment but other forms of assistance may be offered when appropriate and available.
The inaugural granting of Awards will be held in conjunction with the conferring of the Gold Coast Sportsperson of the Year Awards at a gala function to be held at Southport Sharks Function Centre on Friday 16 February 2007.
Nominees for the Youth Sports Development Fund awards should be:
- Studying Year 12 in the year in which the nomination is made, or
- A similar age to a person studying Year 12 in the year in which the nomination is made or, in any case, not more than 18 years of age on 1st January of the year in which the nimination is made, and
- Be a resident of the City of Gold Coast for a period of at least two (2) years prior to the date of nomination.
- Exhibiting prowess and showing conclusive signs that they have the ability and development potential to progress to the elite level of their chosen sport.
- Possess other characteristics that might be appropriate to the Award.
Nominations are now called on the following basis:
- Nominations may be made by any individual, group of individuals, sporting club or other entity.
- May be in any form but should be sufficiently complete and detailed to allow the Awards Committee to arrive at an informed decision as to the merits of the nominee.
- Shall include the name and contact details of at least one informed person who is able to be consulted if necessary on the merits of the application and the nominee.
- Nominations shall not be excluded on the basis of the nominee's physical or intellectual impairment.
Nominations close on Friday 15th December 2006 and should be lodged with:
Youth Sports Development Fund
PO Box 3147
Southport Qld 4215
If required, further information may be obtained by contacting Paul Stevens 0402 354 084.
01/09/2005 COUNTDOWN BEGINS FOR 2006 SPECIAL OLYMPICS>>
07/09/2005 SPORTING HALL OF FAME IN PRESENCE OF OLYMPIC GOLD>>
16/09/2005 HACKETT MAKES SPLASH AT AWARDS>>
21/09/2005 COMMONWEALTH GAMES FUNDRAISING SWINGS INTO GEAR>>
21/09/2005 HOLIDAY JOURNEY THROUGH SPORTING HALL OF FAME>>
21/10/2005 HALL OF FAME TO HONOUR SPORTING CHAMPIONS>>
10/11/2005 SPORTING STARS CEMENT THEIR PLACE IN HALL OF FAME>>
15/12/2005 HALL OF FAME OFFERS HOLIDAY FUN THIS SUMMER>>
10/03/2006 AIRPORT MARATHON ON PACE FOR ANOTHER RECORD>>
11/03/2006 NORCO PAULS WINS 2006 GRAND DAIRY AWARD>>
30/03/2006 HOME OF COAST SPORTING GREATS GETS A MAKEOVER>>
06/06/2006 Mary Maina's Life on Display>>
07/06/2006 Marathon greats gather on Gold Coast>>
21/06/2006 Community Jobs Program Graduation>>
29/06/2006 American Girls' help organise Special Olympics>>
15/09/2006 Hall of Fame Pays Tribute To Yvonne Kerr>>
21/09/2006 Hall of Fame Open to the Public!>>
17/10/2006 Marian York Inducted into Hall of Fame>>
17/10/2006 Special Olympics Wrap Up>>
06/02/2007 Gold Coast Sports Awards Announces New Sponsor>>
19/02/2007 Gold Coast Sportsperson of the Year Awards>>
02/04/2008 Gold Coast 2008 Beijing Olympic Participants>>
16/05/2008 2008 Gold Coast Airport Marathon Entries Now Open!>>
14/10/2009 YOUNG ATHLETES HONOURED AT HALL PRESENTATION>>