The Daphne Pirie AO MBE Spirit of Sport Medal will be awarded to an athlete, coach, administrator or sport volunteer (or combination thereof) who, through their long and meritorious involvement in either their chosen sport or in sporting pursuits generally, demonstrates the true meaning of sportsmanship.
A Medal recipient will demonstrate most of the following attributes:
• Involvement over an extended period of time, ideally in a voluntary capacity.
• Made a real and measurable difference to their sport or to sport generally.
• Positively affected both their sport and that sport's participants.
• Exhibited selflessness, courage, dedication and commitment to the advancement of their chosen sport or sport in general and to individual participants.
• As a minimum, represented the State as an athlete and/or in an administrative role but has a strong affiliation with the Gold Coast.
Nominations will be publicly sought by advertisement in the Gold Coast Bulletin during November each year and nominations received shall be considered by the Selection Committee for recommendation of an Awardee, to the Board of the Sporting Hall of Fame.
Daphne Pirie AO MBE Spirit of Sport Medallists
- Alan "Doc" Mackenzie 2013
- Greg Norman 2013
- Julie Ashton 2013
- Keith McLeod 2013
- Kerry Norman 2013
- Paul Eggers 2013
- Peter McGrath 2013
- Sam Dick 2013
- Trevor Johnston 2013
- Bobby Cook 2014
- Christine Anderson 2015
- Jim Duncan 2015